Term 2 Week 6 Exec Meeting MinutesFri 18 Feb Meeting Minutes
We were long overdue a meeting - lots of things to discuss, from socials to the AGM. Here are the minutes...
Present: Josh, Harry, Ella, Thomas, John, Skiros, Keegan
Absent: Felix, Scott
WEEK 7 LAN:
- Name: ‘LAN with no name’. Seems good enough. We’re really creative.
- Rota needs filling out ASAP.
- Keegan will be running a quiz as usual, Saturday evening, will be putting out an appeal for quiz rounds soon.
- John does not want to do an overnight shift if possible. Thomas, Ella, Skiros all happy to do one, but don’t want to be alone.
- Good attendance, approximately 45 across the event. Roughly ⅓ to ½ remained at the end, as some left for Circling around 7:00.
- Very short-staffed - Keegan and John were effectively bouncing between groups the whole event providing help with the problems.
- Lots of money was spent on pizza :)
- Lots of technical difficulties, mainly to do with the marker as it was not tested beforehand.
- Sounds like Harry’s job…
- Josh is not convinced we will be able to get this done in our time on the Exec (based on knowledge of other societies).
- Might be worth asking MineSoc how they did their order, for guidance.
- Should consider subsidising it, if we can.
- Bletchley Park:
- 12 sign-ups so far.
- Need to post this on socials. Ella has sent a message on the First Year group chat now.
- Women + NB Social:
- Ella is running a social this Sunday for people in the new group chat.
- Venue: Leamington Tea Society.
- Pub Crawl:
- Week 8, the route is currently being planned.
- Happening in Leamington like last time.
- Handover Circle:
- Something to discuss with the incoming Exec.
- Would be nice to have Scott back for this.
- Josh will try to run a Curiositea (or equivalent) social.
- Lightning Talks:
- Currently have one proposed talk and one backup talk, so need 2 more ideally.
- Thomas is interested in doing a Karaoke talk. Keegan is not sure they’re a great idea, as they often contain lots of in-jokes and aren’t as academic-based (and lightning talks are the societies main academic output).
- Google Hashcode
- 3D Printing Talk
- Still running hybrid despite Storm Eunice. People are more than welcome to join online (Teams) if they don’t want to travel to campus.
- Current Exec to begin writing Handover packs soon. Handover isn’t for a while so there is time, but better to make a start now.
- ‘I just woke up’ - Keegan, sounding half-asleep
- ‘Keegan are you currently in the shower?’ - John, ‘No, the shower is running’ - Keegan