SpOoKy MeEtInG nOtEs 2019-10-31Thu 31 Oct Meeting Minutes
Ah! A Notes!
Meeting Notes 31/10/2019
In Attendance: Ryan, David B., Dan, Toby, John, Sam
Absent: Rob, Scott
CUPBOARD: THE REVENGE
- Toby's gotten into further contact with Warwick TECH, have reminded them to remove their stuff
- Roger has given them a week or so to get sorted
- Would've been nice to have this done by LAN
ACADEMIC: A LESSON IN TERROR
- L-SEG to do a talk next wednesday 1:30pm to 3:30
- CLOOOOOUD COMPUUUUTIIIING
- Another sponsor has been added - Optiver
- Blurb and logos to be added to uwcs.co.uk by Ryan
- Want to be in the newsletter... once per month? uh
- G-Research hackathon went very well!
- Letting department know we'd be happy to run a hackathon next term.
- Need to find a date for Christmas Quiz
- Might do it same day as meal
SOCIALS: SO SPOOKY OUR SOCIAL SEC WAS TOO SCARED TO BE AT THE MEETING
- Week 7 Circle!
- We need at least one sober exec
- Laserquest has been booked
- Dan to put up an Event
- Scott to look into booking end of term meal
- Ice Cream Social?
- Week 9 maybe
- Scott looking at Creams in Coventry?
GAMING: IDK A SAW REFERENCE
- David B. not going to be here next gaming
- Gaming attendance is good
LUIGI'S LANSION: THE INVISIBLE LAN
- 26 signups. yyyyyaayyyyyyy?
- Make another ping today
- music server's back
- David telling services we're only using the one room
- Sam to forward the room booking email to exec
- should probably space LANs out further in future
- Minecraft LAN server?
- Could keep around for further LANs
- Possibly a Civ game starting at a given point
- Super Tux Kart?
- (is shit)
- (but the others like it)
- (is shit)
- Maybe not bother with signups beforehand
- Maybe some game races?
- Set up some inter-LAN communication, possibly a publically pingable role
- For This LAN:
- Jackbox evening
- Minecraft server
WASD: THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS
- Sam has booked LIB1
- Ping Discord to advertise for speedrunners
- David may do Rabi-Ribi again
- Toby to take part in 4-player portal
- David R. using LIB1 for an Overwatch e-sports viewing
- Clothing Order
- Ryan to contact Akuma to see if there's been any changes, check their catalogue
- Should open before end of term
- Alex to do a 3d printing talk still, Sam to remind
"We've got to talk about shooting Weebs" - David B.
"I will burn the bridge to light the way ahead" - Toby