Minutes - 19th November 2014Wed 19 Nov Meeting Minutes
Present: veltas, marmite, robot, hermit, mcnutty, rayhaan, maddy, zed0
Next meeting: Wed 26th November, 1pm
- Getting up earlier than is absolutely necessary is madness. Giving in to your body saying it’s time to get up is weakness.
- We don’t trust the NSA, or any government organisation, to make anything secure. This is why we make everything ourselves (if you’re reading, hi NSA! We love you guys. Please don’t send drones after us. Also, this Christmas we want a pony).
- Maddy: adblax has lush hair. Advice to adblax: be careful around maddy and scissors.
- LAN rota to go up with smaller slots
- Possibly move 1st LAN next term to week 3 or 5 to avoid FOSDEM
- Update LAN advice page with wire handling info
- Xmas decorations at LAN
- Mr Marshall’s suggestions dscussed. Splitting society into academic/gaming rejected, primarily on financial, logistical and organisational grounds. Possible ideas for making gaming more accessible include integrating suggestions into planned facebook group, updating and expanding the steam group, possbily running a mumble server, running more events with xbox representative, esports spectator events (barcraft), being listed on activities & games section of SU website, working with SU to avoid creation of fractured gaming societies, and future discussion of a possible name change to UWCGS: Computing & Gaming Society.
- Server rack from DCS, possible funding from uni/SU
- Move secret santa to fri gaming wk 10, signups by sat wk 9, marmite to email
- Exec capes are gorgeous and universally loved. All shall kneel before the wearers
- Contact Isaac re. societies overlapping with us
- organise academic event - programming comp wk 9
- seek new sponsors
- send marmite minecraft admin cheat sheet
- organise week 9 functional programming talk
- rewrite site frontpage description for rayhaan
- update lan help page with wire handling, forward to zed0 for diagrams
- reduce spam emails
- steam in DCS?
- colour coding for external events on site
- update site front page description to include gaming
- mailing list unsubscribe function
- price clothing orders
- try to move LAN next term to 3rd or 5th week to avoid FOSDEM
- secret santa email
- laserquest/cosmo wednesday week 8/9
- look into payment system for site
- contact isaac re. societies overlapping with us
- update society posters
- events on site news section
- facebook group
- society business cards
- diagrams on lan advice page
- bring xmas decorations to lan