Minutes - 7th November 2013Thu 07 Nov Meeting Minutes
Present: veltas, murtag, hir142, crumpet, ruth, zed0, rayhaan, mcnutty
- ruth: Crash has been organised.
- We are going to organise Pop alongside animesoc.
ACTION: hir142 to add himself to contact page on website.
ACTION: hir142 to organise Lazerquest for week 9.
ACTION: argha to give admin to hir142 on the website.
ACTION: all exec to sign up for Pop on Facebook (who’s going).
- ruth: Free food was a really good idea, more people came and payed attention.
- ruth: Argha really helped numbers by announcing it at the end of a lecture.
ACTION: veltas to sort out details of talk next week.
ACTION: veltas to book Bletchley Park trip.
ACTION: veltas to look up travel stuff for that (and maybe get a people carrier license).
ACTION: buy hoover, bin bags and cleaning liquid for next LAN.
- ruth: LAN setup, tear-down and rota was a bit of a shambles.
ACTION: all exec to sort themselves out.
ACTION: murtag to arrange another time to meet ‘big screen’ woman.
ACTION: murtag to get prizes from vista print.
- Buying a cluster for academic use was suggested.
- Points for the cluster were providing virtual machines, and providing cluster technology (which is valuable experience).
- Not all exec convinced that this was a good idea to okay immediately.
- Exec agreed to reconvene on the idea after a week, and consider alternative usage of the money.
ACTION: veltas to do clothing order (will announce and take orders at gaming probably).