Minutes - 31st October 2013Thu 31 Oct Meeting Minutes
Present: veltas, ruth, zed0, murtag, rayhaan, mcnutty, crumpet, hir142, Argha
- Someone in software engineering class to announce talk.
- Programming competition went fine.
- zed0’s talk was good.
- Gaming survey to finish.
- Murtag arranged to talk to ‘big screen lady’.
- zed0: Would be a good idea to have a tournament in the piazza.
- zed0: NUEL tournament group stages start this Friday.
- Do we want prizes for slender tournament and Minecraft?
ACTION: Murtag to book trolley for LAN.
ACTION: Everyone to fill in rota.
ACTION: Ruth to freeze seating plan and print off names for seats.
- rayhaan will store his server in backus cupboard, Argha to assist.
- Apparantly one of our servers was used during a recent DDoS attack.
- Apparant attack came from Latin Ball Room Dancing website.
ACTION: Argha to inform ball room dancing leader of this immediately.
ACTION: Argha to deactivate their account to prevent more damage if this isn’t fixed.
ACTION: Argha to communicate with ITS and make sure they don’t deactivate our servers.
- Argha: Also email from anime website still hasn’t been resolved.
- Anime email is low priority, to respond to ITS about this later.
ACTION: Argha to eventually reply to ITS about anime email.
- zed0: If exec could use discard rather than reject on the mail system that would be great.
ACTION: Crumpet to book Wing Wah for Monday at 7pm Week 10 (and get karaoke access if possible).
- Newsletters are to be sent regularly on Sunday from now on by veltas.
ACTION: Veltas to make a system for writing what goes on a newsletter each week.