Minutes - 7th October 2013Mon 07 Oct Meeting Minutes
Present: Veltas, murtag, hir142, ruth, Crumpet, dirtus, zed0, argha*
- ruth: Little prizes could be a good idea for academic competitions.
- Good idea to do progcomps fortnightly.
- Crumpet: maybe other weeks do workshops?
- NextJump buying people drinks etc., maybe academic talk earlier in the day.
- zed0 confirmed for talk week 5.
- Company sends: “I think it might be interesting to essentially do a case study of a recent project we’ve done here, taking people through from how our client approaches us, how we work out what they want through to delivery of the project and ongoing support.”
- Decided would be a good topic, going to be week 6
ACTION: veltas to book room.
- Apparantly ex members are upset about C being over-used shut up shut up shut up shut up…
- XING is returning!!!1111oneoneon
- zed0 might bring raspberry pi with him
SPOILER ALERT, he didn’t.
- zed0 wants to help some people learn some dcs-get stuff
- connorhd has given some suggestions on how to fix the website in #tech.
ACTION: ruth to forward mountain email.
- zed0: Cupboards need to be inventoried and cleaned up
ACTION: ruth to clean top of cupboards.
- argha: collaborate with james remotely and do inventory (and clean out cupboard).
- zed0: also need to buy new hdds (2*750GB ones maybe)
- Murtag: want permissions to write files on minecraft account.
ACTION: argha/zed0 to change permissions of “gaming admin” group to fix it.
- Gaming on friday went well.
- Ended up with a new TV… old one appeared broken on the night (AKA very broken).
- Tournament prizes ideas: freebies, sweets.
- Should do another survey (at gaming this time).
ACTION: murtag to do inventory of games.
- zed0: some games might be in the wrong storage after the socs fair.
- murtag: Games requested are blazblue, injustice: gods & monsters
- murtag: clips arena maybe doing collaboration.
- veltas to bring up list
- Walking to pub with freshers at 6:15 from DCS.
- Tea next week.
- Crumpet: mention at pub about tea programming.