Minutes - 13th May 2013Mon 13 May Meeting Minutes
Present: zed0, james, argha, olibacon, hir142, dDirtus, ruth, Veltas, Murtag
- Ruth has found the SIBE hackathon to be completely fair for the programmers involved.
- Code will be used for open source not-for-profit reasons.
- It seems the organisers are hoping a campaign organisation will take it over.
- Murtag felt the tournaments at the recent LAN were reasonable.
- zed0: SC2 tournament could have started earlier.
- zed0: Should utilise a mic or something to control the events so everyone’s informed throughout.
- Veltas: Not enough preparation for CS:S tournament, was lots of fun but a little inconclusive.
- Ruth: We need to maintain the bin throughout the LAN.
- If it’s full, take it out. There are bin bags provided.
- dDirtus: Suggests recycling.
- Veltas: Should definitely arrange recycling for BFL, most rubbish in LANs is recyclable.
- It was suggested there was a bucket for left-over drink.
- zed0: Punishment for unplugging LAN is now drinking from the bucket.
Upcoming tournament prizes
- Upcoming tournament prizes were discussed.
- zed0: Not memory sticks, most people don’t need or want a 1GB memory stick.
- T-shirts, mugs, mouse mats suggested.
- Shirt sizes are hard to get right.
- Mugs should be exclusive prizes for gaming.
- dDirtus: Foam mug should be exclusive prize for DoTA.
ACTION: Murtag to research drum peddles for Guitar Hero etc..
- Considering getting a double bass.
- It has now been repeatedly suggested that BFL should be somehow sponsored.
- There are a few local game companies that should be considered first.
ACTION: Argha to buy new Dijkstra stuff.
ACTION: james to do inventory.
- james: Loads of spare HDDs in there.
- Most of Dijkstra is anime music.
- Argha: Server now has SSL certificates now.
- The boar would like us to host their website.
- They have said that we may not be able to meet their requirements with our usual service for society websites.
- Conclusion was to ask them specifically what they wanted, we’d likely be able to meet their requirements anyway, or they don’t need what they ask for.
ACTION: james to reply to their email.
ACTION: olibacon to book football field at the start of June.