Minutes - 6th May 2013Mon 06 May Meeting Minutes
Present: ruth, Murtag, Veltas, dDirtus
ACTION: Ruth to find out what happens with code for possible upcoming SIBE hackathon.
ACTION: Murtag to decide which games to buy for PS3 from ruth’s source.
ACTION: Murtag to immediately sort out posters for LAN tournies.
- Ruth’s suggestion: should get BFL sponsored.
- dDirtus suggests talking to icstatic and zx64 about this.
ACTION: Murtag to look into getting BFL sponsored.
- Wii U has arrived, still need wiimotes and stuff.
ACTION: Oli to buy this stuff.
- Murtag says that Ben, 1st yr CS student, wants to fill roll of gaming officer.
ACTION: Murtag to make sure Ben knows full responsibilities first.
ACTION: Oli, Argha, (Runite if around) to fill out LAN rota in link on #exec’s topic.
ACTION: Argha to do cupboard inventory.
ACTION: Argha to post contact details in link on #exec’s topic.
- Exec info needs to be changed on forum.
- Veltas asks if IRC status is tied to exec status.
- IRC status is per-channel and not really tied to exec status.
- Runite is expected to be away for a bit.
ACTION: Oli to book football pitch in his leave.
ACTION: Ruth to print off and fill out forms for BBQ.
- BBQ may be moved to Sunday to avoid clashing with prog stuff despite tradition.
- Mentioned that there is traditionally an “exciting day” near end of term 3.
- Suggestion: look for theme parks with 2 for 1 or group discount.
- Possibility of not being able to do this from lack of transport / clashing with other stuff in the week.
- Suggestion: peddle-boat racing in Leamington Spa.
- Could be labelled “gaming tournament” in events to confuse people who arrive.
- dDirtus: “4 player co-op” as it’s 4 people to a peddle-boat.
- MikeCobra complains to Murtag that he still gets emails for the gaming president forwarding address.
- MikeCobra should complain to a tech officer, nobody here can actually fix that.
ACTION: Oli to hand-sow exec capes for everyone who turned up to this meeting at Ruth’s request. dDirtus may have a gold-trimmed cape for being ex-exec. Ruth may have a rainbow coloured cape.
ACTION: Exec who did not turn up to the meeting are to read these minutes.
ACTION: Those not reading these minutes to read these minutes.