Minutes - 26th April 2013Fri 26 Apr Meeting Minutes
ruth, Murtag, Veltas, runite, Moltenfire, zed0
- Looking at two prog comps later on in the term.
- Internet programming competition probably week 7.
- Google funded programming competition week 8 or 9.
- Veltas mentioned possibility of arranging an academic trip (for next academic year).
- Suggestions to organise sooner rather than later, with computing museum at Bletchley Park.
ACTION: Veltas to ask “FIRST DAY OF TERM 1 IN AND AMONGST FRESHERS” about minibus driving course.
- Ruth can’t make it to next year’s Fresher’s Fair.
- The more the merrier, if you can.
- Discussion had about what consoles to get.
ACTION: Ruth to buy opportune £60 PS3.
- May also come with more offers of PS3 games that could be good to get.
- Suggested games to look into: CoD (which one yet to be decided).
- Also decided to buy a (roughly £300) Wii U.
- Murtag made very good point that it’s something to attract freshers (at Fresher’s Fair) as most people do not own or know anyone that owns a Wii U.
- suggested Mario Party (9?) for Wii.
- Murtag suggested Soul Calibur V as we already play it enough.
- Need a couple more Wiimotes.
ACTION: buy Wii U and stuff.
- Murtag later stated he’d be buying games for Wii U.
- Zed0 reminds: need to sort out boxes / cupboards before BFL.
- Should be done with james and argha.
Response to Murtag’s Gaming Survey
- Overall, turns out people like games.
- Some said that they felt gaming was just “Dota & Smash Bros.”.
- As for what console was preferred, survey suggested slight inclination to PS3.
Upcoming LAN Party
- LAN to be held week 2’s weekend.
- Murtag to run some tournies during LAN.
ACTION: Murtag to buy some posters to advertise this.
- Murtag: There are to be tournaments every week, and at LANs.
- Prizes every week as an idea.
- zed0: “Give out branded compsoc stuff?”
- Full list of tournaments on #exec, to be mirrored in newsletter.
iSeries / Eurogamer
- These events were mentioned at meeting.
ACTION: To be documented as events (or whatever) on website by Murtag.
- Compsoc group trips yet to be arranged.
- Runite is planning a BBQ for week 9 weekend, start at 12pm - 7pm.
- Also planning football for end of week 6 / beginning of week 7.
ACTION: Runite to book field or whatever with Warwick Sport.
Upcoming Official Budget Deadline
- Membership cost to remain at £3.
ACTION: Murtag to do gaming cupboard inventory.
- No news from societies federation meeting.
ACTION: Veltas to write newsletter advertising this week and whole term.
- To contain tournament list.
ACTION: Murtag needs to get a persistent IRC connection.
- Meetings this term provisionally set for 17:30 on Mondays, starting week 3.
- Arranged conveniently before weekly pub.
- There will be no meeting next week, as would be only 3 days after this one.
ACTION: LAN rota to go on IRC, execs to fill-out.