MinutesMon 23 Apr Meeting Minutes
Minutes - with guest Secretary MrWilson
Dirtus, Cranman, Agaeki, Moltenfire, MikeCobra, Murtag, zed0, ruth, MrWilson, James
- James and MrWilson have had haircuts.
- James baked some bread and showed us pictures. The exec were in awe.
- James doesn’t want to drive a train when he’s older
The Durham Situation
- Some kind of collaborative programming competition
- What? Irc bots, programming language design, game AI (defcon was mentioned).
- How? Communication through IRC, source sharing through github.
ACTION: Ruth to speak to Durham_Guy
- Everything seems to be going according to plan.
- Provisional charge of £3 per person.
ACTION: zed0 to send e-mail nownow
ACTION: zed0 to advertise Bletchley Trip in DCS
- Advertisement: Free stuff from companies was suggested
- < agaeki> Apart from blizzard
- Varying amounts of money spent on top prizes (£50,£25,£15,£10 was suggested)
- Registration event in DCS at gaming, marketed as a “Launch Event” in which Starcraft is played.
ACTION: Ruth to send out e-mails
ACTION: zed0 to make posters.
MONEY MONEY MONEY (The Budget)
- Pretty much the same as last year.
- Events: 6 LANs, 1 IBM Trip, 1 Bletchley Trip, some amount of progcomps.
- Buying cool prize support for the tournaments - Starcraft, UkraineComp, etc.
- James’ Raspberry Pi was in danger of being delivered on schedule, so has been set back another three weeks.
ACTION: Ruth to chase up IBM for sponsorship details
- JP Morgan wants their name on an event of some kind.
- Something about Pacman, I don’t know.
ACTION: James to do inventory of Dijkstra_Cupboard and Backus_Cupboard on 24/04/2012 at 5pm.
- < Moltenfire> “I can put in a request for money. We have over £4000, can we have £500 please?”
- Summer progcomp: IBM are all like “No shiny prizes, but we’re cool to be involved.”
- Potential launch at BFL
- IBM’s Get Hired event tentatively scheduled for Week 8 of Term 1.
ACTION: Ruth to speak to Yvonne
- Friday, Week 4, Room not booked yet.
- Post event meal in the Duck, followed by Gaming/XING
ACTION: Someone to speak to reception about putting it on the Boards
ACTION: Someone to speak to Jackie Pinks about spamming the undergrad mailinglist.
- Week 2
- Exec to fill out Rota
ACTION: Someone to speak to Roger about trolley
- No Barcrafts this term, due to exams
- Possibility of screening events during ExamLAN in Lib 1.