Minutes 12-03-2012Wed 14 Mar Meeting Minutes
MrWilson, TeamDoherty, zed0, MikeCobra, Taby, EvilGenius666, Goshawk, Moltenfire, James, Ruth.
- The tournament will be open to everyone, but a entry fee will be charged for those not in the society. The fee will be set as the price to join the society, so players will be encouraged to join UWCS if they already have a SU account.
- A set amount for prizes will be set beforehand, partly to compensate for the entry fee.
- Ruth was contacted by IBM, who wished to further promote their company through UWCS.
- Ideas were as follows: Trip to IBM Hursley next academic year, a recruitment event in term one and academic talks in term two.
- Ruth will contact IBM to see if they are willing to sponsor a programming competition in the future, with a summer project being a possibility.