Minutes 23/11/2010Tue 23 Nov Meeting Minutes
MrWilson, Fyorl, TeamDoherty, SigmaD, Sinjo
LAN & stuff:
- Power: Check we’re using the correct socket in the computer suites.
- There should be a forum post for the gaming rota.
- The gaming rota was written on the board last LAN, but people were unaware/it was rubbed off.
- Kuros’ idea (hackthisbox) probably requires too much work to get done by next LAN (week 9).
- No LIB1 this LAN.
- We need to buy Duct Tape(5-6 rolls).
- Cranman bought this last time.
Action: Someone (cranman again?) to buy Duct Tape.
- Another Pizza order for LAN; deadline will be strict
- Table 4 might be necessary if the LAN gets busier, although the group from London may not be there.
- Shai needs a separate table for her computer.
- We have received posters for the IBM talk.
- MrWilson is going to the Print-shop to sort publicity.
Action: TeamDoherty to e-mail engineering again about advertising academic talks.
- A date has been set for the IBM Hursley trip.
DDR (In relation to http://forums.uwcs.co.uk/viewtopic.php?id=15):
- Foam mats may be insufficient?
- Can bring things to gaming at own risk.
- Can be background music for Werewolf in the common room.
- MrWilson wants to focus on academic stuff and not organise the clothing order.
- The society should pay for the cost of digitising the logo.
- Exec capes.
- ’I want my cape to be Gold’ -MrWilson
- ’Why not upgrade to a full suit of armour?’ - Sinjo
- Do we have a private booth again? -TeamDoherty
Action: SigmaD to send a Newsletter about this.
Action: Techteam to email societies about broken databases.
- ’I’m not going to put Tinsel on the budget’-MrWilson
- ’Linux will either have the driver and everything will be fine or it won’t and your life will be miserable’ - Sinjo
- ’Linux doesn’t support happiness by default.’ - MrWilson