Minutes 14/10/2010Thu 14 Oct Meeting Minutes
SigmaD, MrWilson, Demo, Azurit, dangerman, Cranman, Connorhd, Sinjo, Fyorl, Trip, Dirtus, Kuros
- Agaeki updated the list of games on the website
- Minecraft is working.
- Gaming was slow.
- Due to Backus reboot, the script wasn’t working.
- This will be fixed for gaming this week.
- There will be a conference call on Monday 3:30 to discuss academic talk topics and the ProgComp.
- ProgComp would be best on a Saturday in weeks 2-4 term 2
- DCS computers may be ideal. (Bring laptops if you want)
Action: MrWilson to speak to Roger.
- LIB2 has been booked for all LANs. (Warwick Skills Certificate problem solved.)
- Azurit suggests keeping the contact information for skills.
- Engineering have not booked a single hour during the BFL this year.
- Sinjo’s talk will be in week 3.
- Advertising: Screens in DCS, e-mails, etc.
Action: Sinjo to e-mail details of the talk to MrWilson.
- IBM will do talks on the 27th November and 29th October on Cloud computing and High performance computing.
- There should be food(pizza) available at talks.
Atrium gaming event:
- Ask TeamDoherty about gaming in the Atrium.
Purchases for the year:
- Ksplice - a piece of software to update kernels without downtime. $4 per server per month.
- Maybe get this software for Backus as well as Codd.
- “How does it work?” -Azurit
- “Fucking Hax.” -Sinjo
- 2.50 entrance fee to Warwick Sport.
- Alternatively, man up and play outside.
- Decided on Wing Wahs Friday week 8.
Action: Dirtus to book this.
- Dirtus didn’t go to the meal in his first year because it was on a Wednesday.
- “How does a meal turn into an all weekend event?”
- “You’re not drinking enough.”
- An appointed position for publicity officer was suggested.
- “Wasn’t there that one guy who did website work?” - Fyorl
- “That could mean they know how to open Frontpage.” - Connorhd