Minutes 29/9/10Wed 29 Sep Meeting Minutes
MrWilson, TeamDoherty, Kuros, Cranman, Connorhd, SigmaD, Dirtus, Fyorl, Trip, dangerman, Zed0
- Connor bought a box full from Sinjo’s cupboard.
- There are extra flyers in Backus’ cupboard.
- The union use ratios: 1x2, 1x6, 1x12
- Our current banner design is 1x3
- Connor will fix the pdf and order the banner.
- Dirtus doesn’t have a timetable yet, so doesn’t know when he’ll be free.
- A google document should be created for the Societies Fair.
- The societies fair takes place on Thursday. (Non-academic societies on Wednesday)
- Assume everything we ask for isn’t there.
- We shouldn’t send anyone to the societies fair in order to help the Union out of its massive debt.
Atrium booking for gaming tournament:
- TeamDoherty has been given the form.
- Dirtus has put up events for the year.
- MrWilson will write something on the website to greet the freshers.
- “Hi, I’m fabulous.” - cranman
- We should re-implement the flaming text website for freshers.
- Cancelled due to lack of interest.
Freebies for the fresher’s fair
- We have the mugs from IBM and Rubik’s cubes from Bloomberg.
- Warwick Skills Certificate have LIB2 for most LAN weekends. We have been given LIB1 instead.
- LIB1 has insufficient power for LANs.
Action: MrWilson to contact WSC about swaping LIB1/LIB2 for LANs.
- We have LIB2 for the week6 (first) LAN.
- Wednesday early afternoon is no good.
- Pizza should be provided.
- Decided on Wednesday 6-8pm.
- Sinjo has offered to do a talk in week 2.
- MrWilson will sort external talks.
- Connor has offered to do a talk.
- Need tiered room, S0.19 suggested.
Computing Society Funds:
- CompSoc has £4,000.
- We could buy out Coventry University.
- MrWilson: “Why would we buy that?”
- A separate meeting is necessary.
- With Sadiq if possible.
- A large venue is required.
- Hiring computers for a day for the programming contest was suggested. (dell?) (Seems unfeasible.)
- We should book LIB2 & LIB1 (for overflow).
- Bloomberg will print publicity.
Term 1 Gaming Tournament:
- Should take place in L3.
- The chairs have been fixed!
- Dirtus proposes:
- Online weekly Steam event, possibly on Thursday.
- Vote for what game people want to play.
- TeamDoherty proposes TF2 lobby system.
Action: TeamDoherty to look at this.
- Need to be phoned before next time.
Action: Dirtus to phone the Phantom Coach.
Dr Watson’s Data Centre Tour:
- Was popular last year.
Action: MrWilson to talk to him.
- Fyorl wants to delegate the problem.
Minibus Speed Restrictions
- Some minibuses only have speed restrictions in 5th gear, not 4th.
Thought For The Day:
‘If this sheet is not wanted, please recycle it!’