Minutes 26/5/2010Wed 26 May Meeting Minutes
Mogmiester, Zed0, MrWilson, TeamDoherty, Sinjo, Connorhd, Cranman, Zaer, Odd-bloke, SigmaD
- MrWilson and SigmaD thought it went well.
- Got free rubix cubes.
- “Complete non-date I’m sure.”-Zed0
- We will hear from Bloomberg in 3 days time.
- Want to meet to discuss sponsorship.
- They will come here.
- ~£200 to spend, so there will be smaller prizes than the netbook.
- There will be sweets for during the competition.
Action: SigmaD to finish the questions and send out an e-mail.
- Tech rota - Faux is there, solved.
- We need an Exec rota.
- Dijkstra is still set up to say “Brad’s nice party”.
- Signs to tell people not to turn off the room’s external power would be good.
- The prize for the previous ProgComp, the netbook, is on the way for LAN
- Fyorl is doing no revision and working on the music server.
- Bloomberg is sending an e-mail for reimbursement for the trip to London.
Action: MrWilson to sort Bloomberg paying for travel.
- Cranman sent e-mail to union to pay Sinjo.
Action: Connorhd to be paid
- We need to contact them.
- They are still sending emails to Connorhd and ignoring his e-mails to them, telling them he is no longer the academic president.
- We may need to fill out an application form.
- They started the phone interview for the sponsorship with “We’re going to give you £500”.
Union Referendum on Society Sponsorship:
- There were contradictory results.
- The ‘stance’ is no money from bad people, although this isn’t legally binding.
- Action: MrWilson to e-mail potential sponsors.
- “Our union is no longer has an hilariously backwards stance”-Sinjo
- “University of Gun: Nuclear society” - odd bloke
- Will sell morals for £500.
Rolls Royce make nuclear power engines:
- Pretty cool
Chaplaincy ball tickets:
- Odd-bloke is selling tickets.
- £25 - including food and drink.
- 8pm start.
Action: Mention it in a newsletter and create an event.
- People interested should sign up to event - so Odd-bloke can see
- In support of Amnesty International and Global Care, a Coventry based charity.
- “2:1, that’s 60. I can skip 40 of my exams right?”-Zed0
- “Coding is like knitting right?”-MrWilson
- “Dirtus and Fyorl suck. Agaeki too”-Zaer
- Zed0 has an exam.
- Mogmiester gave out breakaways.
- “Breakfast was either hot chocolate from Curiositea or the throat lozenge before my exam”-Zaer