Minutes 14/5/2010Fri 14 May Meeting Minutes
MrWilson, TeamDoherty, Connorhd, Sinjo, Cranman, Dirtus, SigmaD, Firefly
- One person is needed to do the presentation and another person can assist.
- Takes place on Tuesday 25th May.
- There is no provided transport, we should e-mail Bloomberg asking if the cost of transport can be covered.
- The presentation needs to be about what the society would do, how we would benefit.
- MrWilson will do the presentation.
- The presentation can be written in Google Docs, so all exec can have input.
Action: MrWilson to e-mail Bloomberg asking if they can pay for transport.
Games focus testing:
- The original e-mail was received quite a while ago.
- If we are going to do anything, needs to be ASAP.
Action: TeamDoherty to send an e-mail to sort this out. (After exec meeting)
- Connorhd has not finished marking the ProgComp.
- Cranman received the e-mail from Azurit and the Xbox 360 hard drive has been ordered by Cranman for gaming.
- MrWilson recalls Azurit saying he was going with Agaeki to buy an Xbox 360 hard drive.
- “BRB” - MrWilson.
- The majority of the exec now attempts to get in touch with Azurit/Agaeki to prevent the hard drive being bought.
- “DOS, DOS.” - Sinjo.
- Crisis was averted.
- We now have network cables colour coded by length.
- The stuff for the servers was bought and the servers have been updated.
- “I’ve had a think about it.” - TeamDoherty
- “Great, because that was all you were required to do.” - SigmaD
- “Fucking Sorted.” - Sinjo
- TeamDoherty is thinking about running tournaments, maybe Pokemon or another SF4 tournament.
- Agaeki has not yet managed to get the new steam working under Wine on the DCS machines.
- We have new boxes for the cupboard.
- MrWilson’s verdict on the boxes: “Really neat.”
- Roger has been asked to look for an extra shelf, which we now have room for.
- The current plan is still ordering clothes from the website on an individual basis.
- The main cost is the digitising of the logo (£35), which the society should do.
Action: MrWilson to organise the digitising of the logo.
- Fyorl needs to speak to Roger about the trolley.
- As Fyorl can’t be bothered to revise, it is likely the new music server will be finished for the week 5 LAN.
- In the future, CompSoc should tell Warwick Game Design(and AnimeSoc) when the LANs are at the start of the year to avoid event clashes.
- Needs to mention LAN sign-ups in week 5 and the BFL.
- Also needs to mention the beast pizza order.
- “Paint-ball seems to have sorted itself out miraculously”-Dirtus
- Currently, Dirtus plans to have the CompSoc barbecue on the Sunday before BFL and the ‘fun thing’ on the Saturday.(Possibly Go-carting)
- SigmaD and MrWilson will be having fun in the Combinatorial Optimisation Exam on the Saturday.
- Would consist of members of the society doing talks.
- We can e-mail the DCS reception to have the talks advertised in the DCS lobby.
- The society should consider doing revision lectures/revision guides like the Mathematics Society, which are popular.
Action: MrWilson to decide if we put on academic talks this term and when.
MEANWHILE, ON IRC:
13:14:29 < Fyorl> oh cocks exec meeting at 2 isn’t it?
monk> it's at 1 13:14:37 < Fyorl> lol 13:14:40 <monk> :P
13:14:44 < Fyorl> nevermind then
13:16:22 < Fyorl> at least I can have breakfast now