Minutes 17/3/2010Wed 17 Mar Meeting Minutes
Mulletron, Agaeki, George, Cranman, Zed0, MrWilson, Demo, TeamDoherty, SigmaD
Still in bed:
Actions to be done straight after meeting:
Action: Mulletron to explain to Agaeki about aurora.
Action: TeamDoherty/Agaeki to get gaming password.
- Coventry Uni haven’t replied to the e-mail about varsity gaming.
- CompSoc exec gets a lot of spam.
- Spam filters will filter /everything/.
Action: Exec to test individual e-mails
- Waiting on Connor for company contacts
- Agaeki should install Open Office so he can look at it.
- If there is ban 80 percent overlap between PS3 and Xbox games, it might be better to buy a Wii.
- George wants arcade controllers for street fighter 4, which cost in the region of £30-100.
- New Rock Band pedals are needed.
- ‘Use more duct tape’-Mulletron
- At the same density, duct tape is stronger than wood.
- Zed0 wants monopoly.
- ‘Customise with campus, DCS can be Mayfair.’ - Agaeki
Action: TeamDoherty to research consoles.
Remaining money needs to be spent, good ideas are:
- Ethernet cables.
- Stackable boxes.
- Backup hardware for the servers.
Not such a great idea:
- 6 PS3s to create a supercomputer.
- People may read PC gamer or similar.
- ‘I get my information from the internet.’ - MrWilson
- ‘Buy the internet.’ - TeamDoherty
- People seemed lukewarm about the idea of subscriptions.
- Dirtus is not present
- Football has been booked.
Agaeki’s Salsa dancing:
- If we put Agaeki’s sister in event title, guaranteed attendance.
I like computers and manly things… …but I wouldn’t mind dancing… …I do like computers as well…’MrWilson
- Large orders are a pain to organize.
- It would be more efficient for people to buy individual products from the website.
Action Find out the costs for above system.
- Fyorl informs us over the phone that the Diablo2 interface is up.
- Rock Band needs more downloadable content.
- ‘Still alive every 5 minutes you say?’ - Zed0
- Only Bucko is allowed to play Touhou, being one of the few people to own original copies of the games.
- MrWilson did not go to the president’s meeting but went to see James.
- There is some Warwick advantage stuff from James - for exec members mainly.
- Exec handover form has been handed in.
- ‘Microwave for LAN?’ - Zed0
- ‘No, No, No, No’ - Mulletron
- Bringing kettle to LAN is also a bad idea.
- There is a train from Plymouth to Aberdeen, a 10 hour direct line.
- Train LAN is surprisingly feasible.
- ‘Aside from being insane - quite an interesting idea’ - Mulletron
- Nobody knew when the exec meeting was, exec meetings need to be better publicised.
- There has to be a ‘close’ relationship between gaming president and officer.
- MrWilson ‘borrows’ haribo.
- MrWilson attempts to not choke on haribo.
- MahjongSoc would have weekly meetings in gaming.
- After the Easter Holiday.