Minutes 12/3/2010Fri 12 Mar Meeting Minutes
MrWilson, Dirtus, Dangerman, PokeForCake, Sinjo, Estel, Cranman, Connor, Agaeki, Fyorl, Mulletron, Bucko, Zed0, SigmaD, Monk and TeamDoherty
- An agenda would be useful, maybe googledocs
- Fyorl got Diablo 2 working.
- TeamDoherty wants to get steam working.
- People need to own games to play is a benefit.
- Connor reckons that with enough work, most steam games could be run.
- Fyorl has server access and has giventhe appropriate people Aurora access.
Action: Mulletron and Estel explaining how Aurora works to Agaeki.
- Gaming officer/president still need login password.
- Coventry university gaming day next friday.
- ‘They’re in a small database completely contained within my head.’ - Connor
- E-mails to be switched to new exec.
- Fyorl to do switchover
- Fyorl added himself and was added by Monk.
- Sinjo to put Fyorl on the root users mailing lists.
- ‘Trivially filterable into somewhere you don’t need to look.’ - Sinjo
- ‘Do you know the Phantom Coach’s phone number?’ - Mulletron
- ‘Yeah’ - Dirtus
- Have been handed over.
- Another pair might be good as Sinjo and Connor continue to do maintenence.
If Servers explode during the holidays:
- MrWilson is mostly nearby, Mulletron will also be available.
- ‘So it’s me then.’ - Mulletron
- Codd went down, at this time nobody knows why.
- There is an incident report on the techteam wiki (Possibly a hardware issue?)
- If no cause is found, it may go down again in the future.
- ‘He stopped breathing there for a minute’ - Mulletron
- Arrange similar events.
- Contact IBM.
Connor’s Shopping List and other things to buy:
- New cases for the servers and ‘Extreme Massive airflow fans’
- The above costs about £340.
- The society has about £2000 in the account.
- ‘I’ve gone for serious fans.’-Connor
- ‘Not shit’ boxes for carrying stuff.
- The cupboard should be measured to find the right size of box.
- ‘Make a ProgComp about it.’-Monk
- ‘Boxes from Ikea have labels saying don’t put babies in boxes.’-Bucko
- ‘You’ve got to put babies in the right box.’ - PokeForCake
Cables for LAN:
- Need more small cables as they disappear after LANs.
- It would be too much trouble to make cables.
- ‘I can do the bitch work.’ - Dirtus
- Dirtus to make 100 short cables.
- Gaming needs to not last a week.
- Adding events 3 weeks in advance is suitable.
- Draft budget needed very soon.
- Monk and Cranman will sort out the budget tonight.
- The budget can have a photo.
- ‘Do you want to pose for a picture Bucko?’
- Buy a huge screen so you can play games standing on the other side of the room.
- ‘The Union is bust’ - Monk
- ‘We could pay the union’s debts.’ - Estel
- ‘Having a plan is a good plan.’
- The budget is the plan for next year
- Judged the time wrong - actually tomorrow.
- ‘So you go to Nuneaton to get a pokemon…’ - Sinjo
- ‘It’s not a real animal.’ - Mulletron
- The playing fields are booked until the end of term.
- ‘Football is like DotA, you pretend it’s a team game.’ - Monk
- ‘Stun him!’ - Monk
- People only want to play a casual game, as opposed to entering leagues/competitions.
- ‘That means we can beat them easier.’-Monk
The reason for not playing on the field next to maths:
- “What if it’s cold?”
- CompSoc vs PaintballSoc is traditional.
- Mary is on the paintball exec.
Action: Dirtus to talk to Mary about paintball.
- Dirtus has gokarting planned for week9
- The costs for digitising the logo too big to be given to the 6 people interested.
Action: MrWilson to talk to Sadiq about clothing.
Action: hand in change of exec form
- The Exec contact list in the cupboard needs updating - can be done after meeting.
Action: Exec to update bios.
- Azurit is probably watching Sharpe.
- ‘Calm down Bucko.’ - Mulletron
- ‘Not DDRCS.’ - MrWilson
- ‘We should get a brothel and charge for it.’ - Fyorl
- Wednesday 17th March