Minutes - 3/3/2010Wed 03 Mar Meeting Minutes
MrWilson, Mogmiester, Dirtus, Cranman, Fyorl, TeamDoherty, Agaeki, Zed0, Azurit, Trip, SigmaD
Emails/Mailing List and Website:
- Fyorl needs the mailman password to do things.
- Monk may or may not have added people to the mailing list already.
- Exec Bios need updating
- Admins can rewrite the entire website. (Don’t do that)
Dirtus’ Si… Football:
- Dirtus wondered if anyone was interested in a 5 a side game.
- Will be mentioned in newsletter.
- There is an event advertising Heart Gold/Soul Silver.
- Taking place in Nuneaton.
- Sometime next month.
- TeamDoherty suggested using the union’s people carriers.
- WGD is also interested.(Forging better relations isn’t a bad idea.)
- Agaeki is now gaming bitch/officer.
- Steam: There are some fixes for macs, so maybe there will be improvement for linux?
- “Expect something in the next 2-4 years”-TeamDoherty
- Agaeki needs access to Aurora.(Admin for games)
- Check Steam status.
Action: Agaeki and Fyorl need to talk to Roger to get gaming passwords, ideally with Mulletron.
- Fyorl will have the Tech. keys.
- Agaeki will have the Gaming keys, since TeamDoherty has no DCS access.
- MrWilson will have the academic keys.
Action: MrWilson needs to get the keys from Sinjo/Connor
Game Tournaments & Posters:
- There is a tournament framework on the website.
- Fyorl suggests a RUA tournament.
- People could enter in pairs in a L4D tournament.
- Trip makes awesome posters, but already makes posters for 4-6 societies.
- Having a publicity officer make posters is better than random exec making rubbish posters.
Real Ale Festival:
- We should ‘just go’ and meet outside.
- “Oh yeah, shit, it’s tomorrow” - Dirtus
- Need to talk to Monk.
- Things that may or may not be budgeted for: Server racks, Servers, Wires, Power supplies, Aero-dynamic computer cases, Generators, Components for a nuclear reactor.
- Budget needs to be done by end of term(Unconfirmed).
Future Exec meetings:
Action: Secretary will make something on GoogleDocs to establish what times people are free.
- Dirtus should make a tea social after every meeting.
- TeamDoherty could do with a sandwich.
- The Secretary has pens wrapped for freshness.
- Dirtus may as well schedule CuriosiTEA events every day.
- MrWilson is in favour of perpetuiTEA.
- The Secretary needs better shorthand.
- We should play Sins of a Solar Empire: “See you next week.”
- MrWilson likes pie charts.
- Girls stack with diminishing returns.
- To be Confirmed.