Archive date: April 2007
Newsletter for 26 April 2007Posted on 26th April 2007
Welcome to Term 3. There are various events in the busy CompSoc timetable which are listed below and at the "CompSoc events page":/society/events.
This week and next week:
* Friday 27th April 2007, 18:00, SU North, Tech Team Meeting
* Monday 30th April, 19:30. Pub Social, City Arms, Earlsdon
* Tuesday 1st May, 15:00, Exec Meeting (location yet to be decided)
* Wednesday, 2nd May, WUGLUG Meeting (likely to be PUBGLUG), 19:00
* There was an accidental...
Recent downtime (Update)Posted on 24th April 2007
"ITS":http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/its/ have been experiencing multiple "major failures":http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/its/newschanges/incidents/power24-apr-07/ as a result of power failures on campus last night. Again, we apologise for any inconvenience caused and are working towards making all our services available again. Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries.
Recent downtimePosted on 23rd April 2007
You may have noticed that the Computing Society servers have been experiencing difficulties over the past few days. There have been two major causes for this:
* ITS have been performing upgrades to their network that resulted in an "unexpected service outage":http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/its/newschanges/incidents/network17-apr-2007/
* A kernel upgrade to our main server (molotov) resulted in unexpected LVM related failures. We believe that this issue has been resolved, due to it operating as expecte...
Exec Minutes - 23 April 2007Posted on 23rd April 2007
*Present:* Bucko, Bruce, Mullet, Si, Polar, Dan, Fluff_eei and Sadiq
* Previous Minutes (BF Planning Meeting)
* Money matters
* Gaming Events
* New Gaming Survey
* Communication with Tech Team and Members
* Server Upgrade Status
* Molotov Status
* Flyers and Promotional Booklet
* LAN Planning
* Clothing Orders
* Actions Points Previous Meetings
* Date for Next Meeting
h4. Previous Minutes
Accepted by all.
h4. Money Matters
Bruce stated that no one knew the bud...