Meeting Notes Term 3 Week 1 24/06/2019
In Attendance: Sam, Ryan, David, Toby, Daniel, John
Summer LAN -
- two months away (precisely! would ya look at that)
- laptops to be provided.
- David's house
- 12 in total
- gaming chairs not yet confirmed
- coordination with e-sports exec to be done via discord
- David to supply pictures for banners
- signups open 3 weeks from now (12 noon, 15th of May)
- advertise on big screen
- flyering to be organised
- Overwatch (3v3, 1v1, ect.)
- Random indie games (David II to host)
- Super Tux Kart tournament?
- ADVERTISE THESE PLS
- ensure exec coverage in both rooms
- shared document to plan layout of rooms
- communal gaming stuff -
- terminals set up for gaming (jack box, ect.)
- set up consoles too
- tournament contestants should have priority for laptops
- 10-15 beanbags in lib1
- possibly collaborate with Tabletop?
- music server
- turn down the audio in general
- David II's server to be used
- record footage for advertisement
Updating info -
- create checklist to make exec handover easier
- Warwick SU page should be updated
- educate Ryan on warwick.gg backends
- add Discord tags to about exec
- small blurb from each exec member
- exec to have names followed by roles
DCS Storage issues -
- fire safety officer has highlighted dangers of our current storage system
- should remove equipment from top of storage lockers
- currently storage space has been allocated to Warwick TECH
- Krishna society have been using storage space without permission
- Both we and the DCS have tried to communicate with them over this issue, with no response.
- It is likely we will have to relocate their items as they are not communicating. (we will check with the DCS about this.)
- Storage itself may be removed in the near future (keep in contact with DCS with this issue).
Purchase new monitors -
- possibly televisions too?
- possibly borrow from DCS
- avengers endgame is happening.
- people will be attending.
- they will be going by bus. probably.
- TPP pub quiz
- 7th of May
- advertise as soon as tickets are available
- cancel pub for that week
- bar fusion no longer confirmed
- laser tag with Tabletop
- date currently being decided in collaboration with Tabletop exec
- probably a Friday without compsci exams, definitely not week 10
- go-karting? look into it
- pick up smash ultimate DLC. \o/ <(PERSONA!)
- equipment to be set up on demand
- try to keep it quiet for the students studying
- no stuff in the atrium
WASD roadmap -
- dedicated headsets x4 to be acquired
- new mixer required
- RetroTINK for retro consoles
- acquire a good CRT
- start advertising early, already in touch with discords
- specify deadlines for progress
- Emails to be supplied to David for redirection of exec mail.
- Assign gaming officers
- Find way to auto-approve Anna Preston's Facebook posts (internships adverts)
- Get John access to the DCS
- E-sports to run a LAN/expo week 8
- may ask us for assistance, but details forthcoming
To be discussed -
- discord reorganisation using feedback from AGM
Next term -
- Microsoft collaboration
- Find a stable time for weekly pub as soon as possible based on fresher's timetables
"i've got a pair of 'oobs' to give" - Ryan
"I was very anal" - David