Present :: David I, David II, Amelie, Toby, Rob, Ed, Sam
Absent :: Everyone else. Obviously.
- May require an EGΜ to elect new roles.
- Would like to elect a publicity officer.
- Have not bought duct tape yet, still to do.
- Have sent floor plans to estates, who are meeting today to discuss this.
- Are we concerned about signups? Maybe a little bit, we're at 60 signups one week into them. But this can be aided with additional advertising.
- Rob mentioned publicity by putting up an advertisement in the Student Cinema.
- People should fill in the LAℕ rota.
- LAN might start sooner than advertised, depending on what Estates' plans are.
- ESports have some swag to give away at LAN, including a chair.
- We'll be running Clippy as our music server for LAN.
Gaming and Programming
- No open day tomorrow, so we have the full time.
- Amelie won't be there for much of it though might swing by.
- Discussing plans for Programming Workshops
- Sam brought up several points about their unworkability.
- People want you to cater for several programming languages and are more interested about their tool of choice than "learning how to program".
- It also feels quite teacher-student, it may be more desirable to have a more "clinic"-based approach to this in the future.
- We can discuss this nearer next year, it's not all that feasible to incorporate changes at this point.
- Submitted ROI report to Deutsche Bank.
- We have an additional sponsor! Details TBC.
- Provisional date is the 1st-3rd of February, nice and early in term 2.
- We need to talk to Estates about the best place to host this.
- We want external attendees to be able to join us, so we need to bear that in mind.
- Pop! has been organised for Week 8.
- The End of Term meal (and Secret Santa) is organised for Week 10 Friday.
- Will put up an event for this in due course.
People who haven't filled out the LAN rota - do that.
Sam - Start a clothing order