Minutes 2018-06-12 (Term 3 Week 8)
Posted on 12th June 2018
Present: David I, David II, Sam, Rob, Amelie, Ibad, Alex, Eric
Absent: Everyone else. Obviously.
Summer LAN / BFL
- A lot of people want to come to BFL. More than we really had space for.
- We seem to have 10 over capacity for certain, but it may well be more - people haven't provided exact numbers.
- We need to consider whether we want the RoG laptops or instead use that space for those who didn't make it.
- We probably don't quite have enough people to justify using LIB1 properly.
- Concerns about exec numbers, will we be able to fully staff it?
- It should be easy to adapt the seating plan to LIB1.
- We could certainly open it up, see how it fills, and then react accordingly.
- This will be the action we take.
- No real room for expansion in LIB2 past what we've suggested.
- Not heard from Overclockers yet, they were going to send goodies for the raffle, but we haven't heard anything.
- How do we encourage raffle participation?
- Currently raffle is for people who are physically at LAN, not stream viewers.
- Should we change tihs?
- It introduces complications RE shipping.
- We could open up the smaller prizes to the stream, and only do the hard-to-ship items off stream.
- We need to confirm how easy it'll be to contact possible winners (via Twitch?).
- Donation incentives for WASD.
- Probably not the best idea, given that it would stretch the slack for the event.
- Need to find assorted apparel for prizes with the money we have (currently £55)
- Need copy for SpecialEffect, can probably purloin from their website.
- Need to find a way to fill setup time. Do we want to interview runners after their run? Sounds good.
- Make a checklist of things runners have to do before going on camera.
- Sort out Twitch guidelines.
- Need moderating schedule, we can ask for help from some of our old friends <3.
- There's a section on warwick.gg for tournaments.
- Three tournaments still need information and organising.
- Hearthstone is to be organised by Sam.
- Overwatch is going to be organised by GeorgeBW.
- LoL is going to be organised by Sam Hine.
- Fortnite tournament should be happening as well, likely coinciding with WASD on Tuesday (but it won't be streamed).
- LAN rota is up!
David I - Clarify with Jai how the on-stream messages will work / how the raffle can work.
David I, David II - Run through the list of items under "WASD" that need actioning.
Jai - Sort out stream operation schedule, train the people running it.
David II/Thanos - "We should kill half of LAN attendees to restore balance"