Minutes 2018-06-05 (Term 3, Week 7)
Posted on 5th June 2018
Present: David I, David II, Sam, Esports Sam, Eric, Amelie, Alex, Charlie
Late: Toby, Ed
Absent: Everyone else. Obviously.
- Need to sort out the logistics for the laptops - they take up 12 spaces and this may limit LAN attendance.
- Seeding plan is going to be more fluid this LAN - people may come only for certain days and then leave, need to be on alert to free up the empty space.
- Extra room
- There might be a benefit to booking LIB1 as well:
- It would be nice to have more space.
- We could put the "public facing stuff" in one room and have a more traditional LAN-room in the other.
- The power infrastructure can't support all that many computers.
- It's a lot of extra work to maintain.
- It splits up the LAN
- Have resolved to look into this in the future but not do it for this LAN.
- Can also consider Butterworth Hall or a room in the Oculus, but again, this discussion is best left to next year.
- Would like a banner for outside the room to advertise the event.
- Streaming Guidelines:
- No racism/sexism (obviously).
- Only mention sponsors in a positive light.
- Unless concentrating a lot on the speedrun, dialog should be constant and consistent throughout the stream.
- No bad mouthing anyone Warwick Esports is in association with (Twitch, NSE, NUEL, other universities).
- Keep it light - don’t get too emotional over failing runs etc.
- Any flame in chat should be ignored, can get someone to communicate what is in chat to runners.
- Banter on stream is fine, light insults where everyone knows it’s a joke can’t hurt.
- Alex/Charlie/Sam would like to see all graphics before appearing on stream.
- Need to find temporary mods during stream, will probably be fine with CompSoc exec.
- Need to give jai the login for Nightbot.
- Need to ask whether LiveSplit can be used alongside streaming graphics.
- Need to determine exact schedule and format for tournaments.
- Need to determine which games in tournaments are to be streamed.
- Do we run a CS:GO tournament? Probably not, the schedule is already fairly full as is with four tournaments + WASD.
- Have 2-5 sponsors set up: RoG, noblechairs, and potentially Nitro, Overclockers and Playground.
- We've had confirmation that there is no space at the Fringe for the bus.
- However, after talking to IT Services, they'd be happy to support it with a cable, so it is possible in the future.
- For example, maybe on a future Open Day.
- Clothing order is a-happening.
- WASD equipment has been ordered, at which point we need to test it.
- Waiting to hear back about sponsorship from many, many people.
- warwick.gg is a little hard to read, both because of the monospace font and the width of the central column.
Alex/Charlie - Give jai Nightbot login.
Sam - Set up LAN rota.
David I - Order a banner for BFL.
David II - "Five days and then I can drink myself to death"
Amelie - "We could just paint a wall"
Davd II - "Are you just going to gasp every 30 seconds?", Amelie - "Yes"