Minutes 2017-11-02 (Term 1 Week 5)
Posted on 2nd November 2017
Present: Sam, David I, Callum, Adam, Elliot, David II, Amelie
Absent: Everyone else. Obviously.
- We have money from one sponsor but not both yet.
- The SU system is bad.
- Look into buying games consoles with the funds.
- Also a UPS
- Warwick Kickstart have approached us wanting to run a charity gaming event.
- Would be nice generally to host more charity events.
- Will discuss further with them in due course, want to nominate our own charity (EFF, Extra Life).
- Looking like end of week 9, or roughly then.
- Not amazing turnout for BBC talk, but to be expected due to time of day.
- Another talk later on in the term about compilers.
- Equal Ops can be given to Ed if he'd like it (not present) - he fills a similar role already.
- Gaming Officer - this is more difficult to find, most people who stay all the time are already exec. We asked Amelie, who said yes.
- From an excellent shortlist of names, we have selected:
- LANa del Rey
- Weird Al LANkovic
- LANic at the Disco
- Pub needs time revising and lower numbers till end of term.
- Secret Santa
- To be held at the end of term meal.
- Give hints on the signup sheet as to what you like. Also list allergies.
- Signups open from e.o. week 5 for a week, pairings announced week after.
- Price limit £20.
- We trust people not to be risqué.
- End of Term Meal
- Week 10 Wednesday at the Farmhouse, as normal.
- Drinking Socials
- Skool Dayz is on Week 8 Saturday - LAN clash...
- Crash is on Week 9 Saturday - potentially Charity Event clash...
- Pop is on Week 9 Wednesday - Archery end of term meal clash...
Sam - Buy a gavel
Sam - Update exec sheet, send to SU
Sam - Phone the phoach to reorganise
Adam - Book end of term meal
Adam - Organise Secret Santa
David I - "segue.....segue..segue........segue"
David I - "I was screaming - 'WHY IS ADAM ON THE FRIDGE WITH A BAD SHOULDER?'"
Sam - "Who says bowling has to be non-alcoholic?"