Meeting Notes 2020-01-06
Posted on 6th January 2020
Meeting Notes 06/01/2020
In Attendance: Ryan, John, David, Toby, Sam, Jaeseok, Dan, David B.
- has been fixed.
- very good.
- Sam suggests around week 3, a public exec meeting to discuss the constitution and other general changes.
- Will advertise after this meeting.
- Book a room for it.
- Elections to be held roughly week 8.
- Need to poke the first years about running for roles.
- Pub currently clashes with Functional Programming.
- Pushing back tomorrow's pub to 7pm to compensate.
- Need to consider changing the date possibly.
- Welfare Week (in collaboration with a bunch of STEM groups).
- Sam and John meeting with other collaborators this Friday.
- Should be Week 5.
- Awareness workshops for topics like "Report and Support"
- Ice Cream Social
- Coventry - Dolci
- Possibly Week 6
- One Circle running this term
- Looking for somewhere that isn't the Copper Rooms or Terrace
- Week 2 Event
- No responses from external
- Sam may do one on LaTeX
- Wednesday 15th
- Provisional, Sam to confirm Thursday
- CTF - 29th of January (week 4)
- In collaboration with Netitude
- 4-5 hours
- Free pizza!
- Sam to book a room when Jack gets back.
- Google Hashcode.
- Running a qualification round centre.
- Make sure merch doesn't get stolen this time :S.
- Week 6 Event
- Probably by Dan Ilet
- Free pizza!
- Week 9 Event
- March 4th
- Need to book a room
- On High-performance computing and optimisation
- Free pizza!
Final LANtasy & BFL
- Shitty Fighting Games Tournament
- Double elim format?
- DongDong Never Die
- Animal Fight?
- David to order 5 long ethernet cables
- LIB 1 won't be available for BFL oh no.
- Sam looking at the old sports centre.
- May have to downsize for LIB 2.
- Consider an overhaul for long-term seat booking (e.g. can book seats for a couple days, leaving them free afterwards)
WASD IS APPROACHING
- Headsets arriving todayish.
- Mixer arriving tomorrow.
- Test setup this Friday, during Gaming.
- Need to acquire an older model of PS3 for one of the runners.
- Toby can provide one.
- Runner has offered to bring an old elgato model to capture gameplay.
- Maybe use a HDMI splitter to circumvent the issue.
- NSC to support our event, including Monster sponsorship.
- David asking to be put into contact with Belong about providing tech for practice stations.
- Sam talking to SpecialEffect for decoration, ect.
- Twitch front page mostly confirmed, pending organisers booking a time.
- Sam & David talking to Noble Chairs and Overclockers about sponsorship.
- Sam & David to meet with SU tech team about setting up streaming gear in the Atrium.
- Fee of ~£60.
- Stage plan to be decided.
- Speak to IT about confirming Ethernet ports.
- Near-clash with Superbowl showing. Shouldn't be an issue, but make sure we don't overrun too much.
- Lanyards/badges for staff/runners.
- Could get them from Warwick Print.
- Jai providing stream overlay, tiltify integration.
- Talk to the SU about younger visitors - any further consideration to be made?
Sonic The Hedgehog The Movie The Social The Notes
- Happening during second LAN.
- David B., John offered to not go to run LAN.
- Facebook event page pls
- Toby has keys to the storage cupboard.
- It is less than one year until Christmas.
- Typing contest?
- Maybe next year as a freshers event?
- Not much interest in it this late into the academic year.
- #hackathon for Discord.
- For finding teams for whatever hackathon is on at the time.
- Must acquire FROG TAPE (for vr setup)
- Filament for the /filament god/ 3d printer, David R. ordering
"So Jaeseok is the new gaming president..." - Sam
- good doodler, John
"I just remembered I own a brother" - Toby
"mediae" - google