SpOoKy MeEtInG nOtEs 2019-10-31

Posted on 31st October 2019, Categories: Haunted, Meeting Minutes

Meeting Notes 31/10/2019

In Attendance: Ryan, David B., Dan, Toby, John, Sam

Late: Jaeseok

Absent: Rob, Scott

CUPBOARD: THE REVENGE

  • Toby's gotten into further contact with Warwick TECH, have reminded them to remove their stuff
  • Roger has given them a week or so to get sorted
  • Would've been nice to have this done by LAN
  • F

ACADEMIC: A LESSON IN TERROR

  • L-SEG to do a talk next wednesday 1:30pm to 3:30
    • CLOOOOOUD COMPUUUUTIIIING
  • Another sponsor has been added - Optiver
    • Blurb and logos to be added to uwcs.co.uk by Ryan
    • Want to be in the newsletter... once per month? uh
  • G-Research hackathon went very well!
  • Letting department know we'd be happy to run a hackathon next term.
  • Need to find a date for Christmas Quiz
    • Might do it same day as meal

SOCIALS: SO SPOOKY OUR SOCIAL SEC WAS TOO SCARED TO BE AT THE MEETING

  • Week 7 Circle!
    • We need at least one sober exec
  • Laserquest has been booked
    • Dan to put up an Event
  • Scott to look into booking end of term meal
  • Ice Cream Social?
    • Week 9 maybe
    • Scott looking at Creams in Coventry?

GAMING: IDK A SAW REFERENCE

  • David B. not going to be here next gaming
  • Gaming attendance is good

LUIGI'S LANSION: THE INVISIBLE LAN

  • 26 signups. yyyyyaayyyyyyy?
  • Make another ping today
  • music server's back
  • David telling services we're only using the one room
  • Sam to forward the room booking email to exec
  • should probably space LANs out further in future
  • Minecraft LAN server?
    • Could keep around for further LANs
  • Possibly a Civ game starting at a given point
  • Super Tux Kart?
    • (is shit)
      • (but the others like it)
  • Maybe not bother with signups beforehand
  • Maybe some game races?
  • Set up some inter-LAN communication, possibly a publically pingable role
  • For This LAN:
    • Jackbox evening
    • Minecraft server
    • Artemis?

WASD: THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS

  • Sam has booked LIB1
  • Ping Discord to advertise for speedrunners
  • David may do Rabi-Ribi again
  • Toby to take part in 4-player portal

MURDER MISCELLANY

  • David R. using LIB1 for an Overwatch e-sports viewing
  • Clothing Order
    • Ryan to contact Akuma to see if there's been any changes, check their catalogue
    • Should open before end of term
  • Alex to do a 3d printing talk still, Sam to remind

Quotes

"We've got to talk about shooting Weebs" - David B.

"I will burn the bridge to light the way ahead" - Toby